WELCOME TO YOGAWORX!
Yogaworx is where the calming central balance of yoga is touched with a little "rock and roll". A unique and real community buzzing with creativity, love and support. Where the world of yoga meets the everyday needs of everyday people to stay connected to themselves and each other.
We are a collective of forward-thinking yoga instructors for everyone, at any level of fitness, to experience the art of building grace and strength. Offering a safe and sacred space for people to explore the practice of yoga with the support of experienced and inspiring teachers.
Our classes satisfy the fitness enthusiast, incorporate a meditative thread, and are available to practitioners at all levels – beginner through advanced.
Yogaworx is committed to ongoing education for their teachers and students respectively, we continue to connect and reach out to inspiring yogis all over the world.
We focus on creating fun, supportive classes with consistent instruction delivery, and skilful and creative posture sequencing.
Yoga is more than a physical practice, it is also a mindful practice. Yoga allows you to stay present and internally balanced, to enjoy good health and a lean body through the principles of breath, alignment and movement. Specific benefits of yoga include: reduced stress, lower cortisol levels, sound sleep, lower blood pressure, diminished anxiety, reduced muscle tension and an overall sense of well-being. You can enjoy these benefits in classes ranging from Restorative or Gentle Yoga, Vinyasa Flow and all the way through to Advanced Power Yoga with Mal.
A few tips for beginners
First of all, you have made the right choice, Mal and Wendy have been practising yoga for over 20 years and are excited to share their knowledge with you. Yoga is for everybody so no matter where you are on your journey we have classes for you.
- You're going to need a mat. Don't worry we have plenty of mats available for use at all of our classes.
- You're going to sweat. Wear appropriate clothing and maybe bring a towel.
- If it's your first time at Yogaworx please inform the teacher on arrival and they will help you get settled.
- Please arrive more than 10 minutes before class making sure you don't disturb anybody and ensuring you get the full benefit of a warm up.
- Please leave your shoes at the door. We like to keep the room clean and minimise noise.
- It's best to come to class on a relatively empty stomach. You will feel better and move much easier if you eat at least 2-3hrs before class.
- You may feel super fit or flexible but you should start yoga with a beginner class to learn the basics and avoid learning bad habits.
- Think yoga is too slow and not much of a workout? Clearly you have not experienced one of our power yoga classes where you burn calories, detox and get strong, long and lean muscles.
- Think you're not flexible enough? Yoga can make you more flexible but it is not a pre requisite for taking classes.
- One of the best things about yoga is that you can go at your own pace, it's about you and your mat, it is not a competition. If you ever need to stop and rest you are encouraged to do so.
One of the best places to start are our weekly beginner essentials or yin classes. Check the timetable for more information.
We look forward to seeing you in class!
- Child’s pose is a place of rest and can be used whenever you like. If you feel fatigued this is a good posture to pause in.
We have decided to extend this offer for a limited time!
HURRY OFFER WILL END SOON !